Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #1
jefslat
CW WarCraft God
CW Special Correspondent
Editor at Large
Predominant CW Ambassador
Herf God

Montecristo by AJ Fernandez Corona

This is a very nice looking box pressed cigar with a smooth dark wrapper. Aromas of cocoa are in the foot. The cold draw is perfect. Today’s beverage is a glass of 19 Crimes Cali Red.

The initial draws are full bodied, like many dark cigars from Nicaragua. The retohale is very smooth with just a touch of black pepper. The ash is mottled grey and looks less than solid. The burn is a bit off, but I used my AB tabletop, so I think it will even out.

In the first third the smoke has settled to a more medium to full body. The wine is not pairing as well as I had hoped; rum or a good stout would probably be better. There are some hints of cocoa and cedar in the flavor profile. The ash was more solid than it looked, tapping off in a solid chunk. The burn is even now.

During the second third the large lower ring had to be removed, but peeled off easily with no damage to the wrapper. The flavor profile has developed a light sweetness. The retohale has become very light and smooth. The ash remains fairly solid and the burn remains even.

Approaching the final inch the flavor profile takes on an earthy quality while retaining the other flavors. The ash remains fairly solid, but I hate getting ash in my lap so I tap it off every 3/4” or so. The burn remains even.

Overall a very nice cigar with rich, thick smoke. 9.2/10, Joe Bob says check it out.

El perro, el perro, es mi corazon.
El gato, el gato, el gato no es bueno.
El Jefe es cantante,
El Jefe es muy famoso
El Jefe es el hombre con el queso del diablo.

El perro, el perro, nunca sin raison
El gato, el gato, el gato es obseno
El Jefe es caliente, El Jefe es carinoso
El Jefe le da besos mejor que su esposo

What Would TOJE Do? Þ £
jefslat is online now   Reply With Quote