Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #31
DSturg369
Club Member

Package arrived today... Thanks Andy!! Woot!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #32
Ring Leader

No problem. Enjoy!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #33
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Mine got in yesterday, and they look great. A few principales, an 843, and a good assortment of corona sized. I'm gonna be loving them.

The last time I bought 733/principales they were awe inspiring.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
DSturg369
Club Member

NON-Connie smokers just don't understand Brian.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #35
huffnpuff

i love em i was handed one many moons ago after a nice meal in Trout Town USA Roscoe NY.this was when you could still smoke inside a resturant.this older gent was smoking a cigar and I remarked at how nice it smelled he handed me one and explained that they were seconds from J&R cigar.Well i smoked that thing down to the nub,Now fast foreward , i have a coolerdor filled with them diffrent sizes colors ya know the drill.sure every now and then you get one thats plugged or just plain ugly but for the price hey who cares.the other plus is if your smoking one and have to put it out it dont hurt as much as stubbing out a monti .between them and alts J&R got a lot of cashfrom me over the years.My tastes and budget may have gotten better but istill enjoy them.I understand the contest is over just wanted to add my story since they often get a bad rap i feel its my duty to protect her sullied reputation
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I have bought a lot of connies over the year, and they are/were villazon and I like/liked that flavor profile especially in maduro. So connies were a nice value access to the flavors I like/liked.

The problem with JR IMHO was the over the top, bombastic, in your face ads which seemed to promise so much. It was schtick but you promise the moon and deliver a rock and eventually people lose track of the humor and feel like they were let down.

Or so I think. I could be wrong.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #37
huffnpuff

when lewran the catalog it was fun to read and i found to be pretty honest i mean Flor De Baloney thats pretty honest now that they were bought out i agree to a degree.i still buy from them when they have agood sale or price i do well with the dutch auctions since moving to PA i started using CI more but they do the same 5 vegas man o war etc house brands that charge hefty prices
Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #38
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

buying from outside of PA might lower your costs a bit on tax...

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #39
huffnpuff

thats why i was using J&R tried a few others meh