Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Garbandz

Wink Flor Real Petit corona 5x40

This brand is from Costa Rica,sent to me by Inversiones Tabacom.The company has a big European presence,and has plans to market their products in the US.
The wrapper is a rich,oily, light chocolate brown brindled color,all filler is dark brown,very fine.The cigar is firm and well rolled,very clean seams and perfectly round,and is slightly heavy in the hand.It gives fresh clean tobacco aromas and a spicy,bright tobacco taste during the pre light inspection.
The first half produces wonderful tastes of toasty oats and light herbal notes ,a rich leather taste, fragrant aromas, the palate is soft and compelling.The finish is drying,slightly alkaline from the soil where it was grown.The taste builds and gives dark roasted coffee flavors...Wow!
The second half increases in intensity,the palate becomes slightly coating,the taste profile shows leather,roots,cumin,firm tobacco taste,notes of black pepper in the aromas.Unique and very tasty!
There is a lot of smoke produced in a gentle draw.The cigar has had a perfect burn,the head stayed firm,no flakes or stems in your mouth.This is a wonderful smoke,a big flavor profile from a smaller vitola.I strongly recommend this cigar to those who enjoy smaller cigars with big flavor and intensity.I rate this cigar 7 out of 10 strength, 17 out of 20 overall...
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote