Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:04 AM   #81
madal
Herf Meister

Funny by posting it on CP you made me a villian. I followed your link and attempted to explain that we want to make good on the situation. Not only did they make me the villian they are making CW responsible as well.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #82
Renaissance Man
Owner Emeritus
Herf God

1. I am used to folks on other sites taking 'pot shots' at CW. Doesn't bother me at all.....

2. The Internet has many 'keyboard warriors' who type things they would never say to someones face. I have ZERO respect for 'keyboard warriors'.

3. This whole thing should have been handled via PM - and the PMs should have stayed PRIVATE.

4. EVERYONE involved could have prevented this from degenerating into yet another 'us vs. them' scenario by simply acting virtually as you would in person. Both sides, instead of 'taking the high road' and deescalating tensions, chose to feed the fire.

5. To those who question our stance regarding Cuban cigars (and the completely inexact science of determining the authenticity of Cuban cigars via the Internet): PLEASE read the CW Guidelines and our stated position in the LCdH room. Bottom line: I will not tolerate the flame wars that typically erupt when questions of authenticity are 'discussed'.

I would rather see folks work toward reasonable solutions rather than 'win the argument'.....

I am available via PM me if there are any questions.....
My current rotation: Bolivars (RC, PC, BBF, CE and Corona JR), Punch Punch, El Original Claro Corona and Lancero, Davidoff Grand Cru #1, VR Famoso, Upmann #2, and R&J Churchill.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:39 AM   #83
Ironman
Club Member

Chuck and Al, if there is anything I can do to help ease the burden of paying back this individual please let me know, either with cigars or money.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:12 AM   #84
grateful1
Starting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madal
Funny by posting it on CP you made me a villian. I followed your link and attempted to explain that we want to make good on the situation. Not only did they make me the villian they are making CW responsible as well.
That's not so Al.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #85
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

As per the CW Guidelines...

Respect the Moderators decisions when it comes to editing/locking/deleting threads. They work very diligently to help us keep things running smoothly.There is no guarantee a private message will be sent from moderators/admin when an action is taken. Their time is limited. If you believe an action has been unduly taken, please PM an on-duty moderator/administrator .

Threads which get contentious, contain repeated violations of CW Guidelines, ignore moderator/administrator warnings, but may contain valuable dialogue are subject to a temporary lock. The thread will be unlocked at the discretion of the moderators or administrators upon a determination that the posters have calmed down and the thread can continue within the Cigar Weekly Guidelines.

This thread has been temporarily locked as per the above.
Closed Thread