Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:35 PM   #1
K4Lic0

Fantasy Football

Anyone know a good place online to play Fantasy Football? I'm thinking maybe Yahoo!

(_(@)_____]]]~~
K4Lic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:37 PM   #2
blankcig
Club Member

Check out the Sports bar for a couple fantasy pools that are running.

If you can't see the Sports bar forum, click on user groups at the top of the page and join Armchair Athletes.

This is why you should leave the cello on. To keep your cigars from multiplying. - SmoKerch
blankcig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:53 PM   #3
bassdude
Club Member

cbssportsline
bassdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
IHT

depends on the type of league you're looking for.

if you like keeper leagues, then i suggest http://www.fanball.com

if you like to be the commish (set up all kinds of different scoring systems, etc), i also suggest "fanballs" commissioner leagues.

if you're really into it, want to play all year long, act like a real GM of a real team, have 53 man active rosters, 5 man practice squads, salary caps and contract years, along with the penalties that go with those, a franchise player, punter and offensive line scoring, IDPs, an annual 7 round rookie draft for existing leagues (41 round vet draft for new leagues - too late now for that though), and many other things i don't have time to mention... check out http://dynasty.efsports.com/

but there are tons of sites out there.
rotowire
myfantasyleagues.com
rtsports.com
sandbox.com (i highly discourage people from there - they have a nickname, SPAMBOX, for a good reason)

it all depends on you.

there are even big payout leagues for salary capped styled leagues...
Old 08-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

No kidding aboug Sandbox, I only recently stopped getting spam from them. I'd done the NCAA pool like three years ago

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 06:23 AM   #6
IHT

tommy BB, that's nothing. i played over there about 6-7 years ago... i STILL get spam from them.

i did win a few T-shirts for finishing #18 out of 96,000 in their salary capped league, then #250 the following year, but then i stopped cuz their site was too glitchy/always down.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:29 AM   #7
IHT

Re: Fantasy Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4Lic0
Anyone know a good place online to play Fantasy Football? I'm thinking maybe Yahoo!
just remembered what some buddies are telling me. that a lot of the free public leagues, some guys just go over there to practice their live drafting, then they bail on the league afterwards.

but if you want practice drafting, and don't mind a slower pace, you can go to http://www.antsports.com, they have mock drafts you can sign up for.