Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:02 AM   #1
spiridon
Herf God

College Football week 2

It sure was good to get things kicked off last week! This week there may not be as many marquee games, but some interesting match ups nonetheless.
In our neck of the woods most of our fans SHOULD be able to enjoy a cruise day as Bama and Auburn play what should be considered tune-up games.

LSU & MS State looks interesting, especially since we still haven't seen LSU play yet.....does Prescott have enough support around him to take on the Tigers?
I took State and the points, but I'll probably get hammered in my "pick-'ems" just as I did last week!!

I'm looking forward to the Tennessee/Oklahoma game.....hoping that the Vols can pull this one out.
I guess the BIG game of the day would have to be Oregon/MSU. I probably picked wrong once again, but I took the Ducks in this one.
Which games will you be watching??
Old 09-12-2015, 05:14 AM   #2
carmine7075
Herf God

I have gotten to where I watch ESPN goal line, just like NFL redzone, all afternoon unless there is a really big match up that is competitive.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #3
jgbutler
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiridon View Post
I'm looking forward to the Tennessee/Oklahoma game.....hoping that the Vols can pull this one out.

Looking forward to this game too but with the opposite outcome. Hoping that OU can come out of there with the win.

There are so many things new at OU this year I am hoping they can put together a strong season.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:38 AM   #4
spiridon
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbutler View Post
Looking forward to this game too but with the opposite outcome. Hoping that OU can come out of there with the win.

There are so many things new at OU this year I am hoping they can put together a strong season.
Wow, that turned out to be an exciting game!
A mixed bag in the SEC this weekend. I'm glad Bama won, but certainly wasn't thrilled with their play. Both of the QBs looked to be more of a liability than a help, and field goals??????? ......GEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!
I was glad Auburn found a way to pull their game out, but I'm sure their fans are scratching their heads a bit as well.
Arkansas, well THAT was a real surprise, didn't see that one coming. Ole Miss continues to roll and if the Rebs and Bama both play next week at the level they did this week, the Tide could get embarrassed!
The TN/OU game was probably the best game I was able to watch yesterday....a heart breaker for the Vols, and even though that was a very RARE occasion where you will see me rooting for Rocky Top, I gotta give the Sooners credit for hanging in there and coming back.
I didn't get to watch or focus too much on the LSU/MSU game, but it looked to be a good one, or at least one with a dramatic finish!!
Old 09-13-2015, 06:10 AM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Nick better find a kicker and find him SOON! Kicking game has been the enemy the last three years. Hell, Bill Curry made a career out of Van Tiffen's foot.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:42 AM   #6
carmine7075
Herf God

Bad week for SEC and PAC 12.
Good week for Big Ten and Big 12.

Nice to see some balance returning to college football.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:54 AM   #7
cigarfan
Herf God

LSU , for effectively their first game, looked pretty good. Neither Auburn nor Bama played like top ten teams. Auburn didn't seem to have any energy till very end.
Ole Miss seems to be clicking on all cylinders, but haven't played a strong team yet. Next weeks game will expose weaknesses in Ole Miss and Bama
Old 09-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #8
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I was glad that OU finally found their way yesterday. After the first three quarters though I had about written that game off as loss. Hopefully that will give them some momentum going into conference play. That is, if they can take care of Tulsa next week! They are going to need to be clicking on all cylinders because they have to play at Kansas State, Baylor and Oklahoma State for the final game. Those should all be tough games to come out of with a win.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #9
KatDad
Herf God

I watched OU pull it out with mixed emotions; happy that they represented the Big XII well in a big game in the national spot light, but concerned that they are looking to be a lot tougher when they get to The Little Apple later this season.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #10
macsauce13
Club Member

Kentucky beat South Carolina and Spurrier for the second year in a row. CATS are 2-0
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote