Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
emind56
Club Member

Stinky ashtray question

I love the stinky and need to get one. I really like the herf sized tray, but honestly cant justify spending a c-note on an ashtray. However the original size is too small for my needs. Have any of you CW'ers seen the other sizes in person? Is there a good compromise, size wise between the herf and the original?
emind56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Smoker06
Herf God

I was only aware of the two sizes.

Stinky sent me an original when I was in Iraq. It was plenty big enough for four people to use simultaneously.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
mealstrom
Herf Meister

I have one of the smaller sizes (I'm pretty sure there's only 2 sizes) and it works great. At CCC we had some and 4 people could use it at once for hours during a poker game without having to be emptied once. I keep one on the back porch and empty it every 15 - 20 cigars. It's usually not full when I do.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
ElkTwin

Get a hubcap from a '72 Dodge Dart and a ball peen hammer from Harbor Freight and make your own. Save $94.50 and then buy a fiver of flashy Camachos. From what I hear, not only can't you tell them from Cubans, but the low ratings they get in cA are all BS.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
emind56
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mealstrom View Post
I have one of the smaller sizes (I'm pretty sure there's only 2 sizes) and it works great. At CCC we had some and 4 people could use it at once for hours during a poker game without having to be emptied once. I keep one on the back porch and empty it every 15 - 20 cigars. It's usually not full when I do.
I was looking at their site and it appeared that there were maybe 3-4 different sizes, but I wasn't sure which is why I brought it up. Was hoping that some of the BOTL around here would have some direct experience. Might have to revisit the original size in that case.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:45 AM   #6
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

I have the original size and the herf size at home. I got the herf size as a freebe from Holt's back when they first came out. I use it mainly when we have a party(seems to eliminate the question, Where's an ashtray?)

We have six of the new one piece Stinky stands at our club that work great. Easy to dump and clean.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
emind56
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ŽShadow View Post
I use it mainly when we have a party(seems to eliminate the question, Where's an ashtray?)
That was pretty much what I (we) were thinking about as well. The little lady liked the herf size so I was considering it. Think I've decided on hitting up heartfelt for an original next time I need a few beads.

Thanks for all the input fellas
Old 03-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #8
Guv
Internationally Soccer Challenged
Herf God

Mine fell off the end table and two of the cigar rests that appeared to be spot welded broke off the ashtray.
I can't say I'm happy with my purchase, nor would I be quick to get another or recommend it others.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
The JD
Herf Meister

What about the user submitted pic I see on the cigarweekly main page every day?

Cheap stinky
The JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
univibe88
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guv View Post
Mine fell off the end table and two of the cigar rests that appeared to be spot welded broke off the ashtray.
I can't say I'm happy with my purchase, nor would I be quick to get another or recommend it others.
Mine fell off a second story balcony and one of the rests fell off. Considering the height, it didn't bother me at all. You should have dropped it from higher.