Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 03-05-2003, 12:18 PM   #1
SteelheadBob

CAO Criollo

I have been in and out of the hospital the past few months and this cigar has been in my humidor a couple months. Well last night it was snowing hard here and seemed perfect to sit on the porch with a Guiness and a cigar. I opened up the humidor and the CAO criollo jumped out at me. I poured my Guiness draught can into a pub glass and looked and admired the creamy head. I always like a flavorfull cigar with Guiness or the Guiness just over powers it. The cigar looked really good and the band came off easily.(Good thing if I decide to nub it since band taste kinda harsh) I clipped the end and toasted the foot. I took a gulp of Guiness and got ready for my first good taste of the cigar. It tasted great with a slightly spicy flavor and alot of smoke. The cigar smoked good all the way down and lasted through two Guinesses. It is a good thing I took off the band since I nubbed the cigar.Now as to the rating. On appearance it gets a full star as this cigar looks great.Burn it gets another full star it lit easily and burned razor straight.Taste it gets another full star it has alot of flavor and spice but not so much as to knock you down.Last catagory is overall package and I give it 3/4 stars this is as close to perfect as you get with out being a perfect cigar.On the five point scale it would rate a 4.75 out of 5.The only reason it doesnt get five stars or a perfect five is everyone knows that nothings perfect. The one thing that irks me about this cigar is price it is to high to be in my daily rotation but as a treat it will definitly be in my humidor.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:40 PM   #2
Mr.Mean
Herf Meister

They are tasty. I got a couple left that might burn this weekend. Which size did you have?
Old 03-05-2003, 01:59 PM   #3
decasere
Club Member

I have to agree SHB the only criollo 98 wrapped cigar i can stand, it is a beaut of a cigar, the only comment i would have is the wrapper seemed a bit fragile on mine, but the flavor is right on

4 thumbs and a smoke dude very good
Old 03-05-2003, 06:01 PM   #4
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Yup! This is my favorite Criollo. I smoked a Conquistador 6X54. It was a long smoke. I was sorry when it was over.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 07:24 AM   #5
got-sticks

Not my favorite Cao, thought it was decent but nothing Id write home about. Still like the Brazilia more..
Old 03-07-2003, 04:29 PM   #6
fvfanmc
Self Exiled
Herf God

I just lit up a CAO Criollo mancha while posting this. I let know what I think of it later.
fvfanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 05:03 AM   #7
aBuc
Club Member

The CAO cammies have been my favorite of this line Nice review, I'll track one of these down sometime soon to try
Old 03-09-2003, 08:00 PM   #8
jojoscigars
Club Member

ass kicking ciga thank for the review .like this cigar alot
Old 03-09-2003, 08:21 PM   #9
Montegrl
Club Member

I had my first Criolla last night from a recent box split . Yum
Montegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 06:28 AM   #10
Cabaiguan
Club Member

I'm with got-sticks...I prefer the Brazilia line over the Criollos. That being said, I love having a Guiness with my cigars! I just found a place by my old man's house that sells cases of draught cans...
Cabaiguan is offline   Reply With Quote