Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
KatDad
Herf God

Big Changes for the Chiefs

Not only is Romeo Crennel gone but the Chiefs apparently have hired Andy Reid as head coach and parted ways with GM Scott Pioli. It will be interesting to see who the new GM will be.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
Osmond
Club Member

It has never made sense to me to hire a new Coach, before you hire a new GM. Great way to make sure a teams top Chemistry is aligned.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
ronin
The Duke
Herf God

I believe Andy may do both.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
KatDad
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Either that, or he knows who is on the short list and is comfortable with the names.

The idea surfaced on local sports talk stations that it was handled this way to give Clark Hunt leverage in negotiating a severance with Pioli. Is it terminating someone for cause if you're told by prospective employees that they won't come to work for him? Apparently his reputation around the league is not positive.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
Osmond
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin View Post
Can't be done! The combined job is TOO big of an one person especially since the job duties are so different and divergent.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Osmond
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatDad View Post
Either that, or he knows who is on the short list and is comfortable with the names.

The idea surfaced on local sports talk stations that it was handled this way to give Clark Hunt leverage in negotiating a severance with Pioli. Is it terminating someone for cause if you're told by prospective employees that they won't come to work for him? Apparently his reputation around the league is not positive.
Unfortunately, I think what you are seeing is a manifestation of poor ownership / executive management decision making / leadership which will leave Chiefs fans disgruntled for another 5 years.

Sorry, because i like to see the small town teams take it to the big money markets.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #7
stogie5150
CW Master Boiler
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmond View Post
Can't be done! The combined job is TOO big of an one person especially since the job duties are so different and divergent.

King Jerry Jones disagrees with you.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
Osmond
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogie5150 View Post
King Jerry Jones disagrees with you.
Well, he and his players are watching from their living rooms once again. Enough said.

When he grows up, he might leave his ego behind. Although, since his franchise value keeps going up based on the Dallas Stooges that keep supporting a poor team, he has no incentive to win. He has more incentive to get the first BCS playoff game at his stadium. That is where the money is.

Heck, Jerry is more interested in landing the next boy band this summer to fill his joint since that is all profit to him.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #9
flipflop
Contributing Editor
CW Butt Whisperer
Herf God

Q: What do you call a bunch of millionaires watching the NFL playoffs on tv?

A: The Dallas Cowboys.

-- Ghengis Khan
flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote