Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Smith to the Skins

Didn't know the chiefs were ready to move to Mahomes... Cousins will now get overpaid by the Jets or the Browns or the Giants or...

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:24 AM   #2
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Perhaps the Jags. Might be a good fit in Arizona too, depending on the new coach.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:33 AM   #3
Lux
Club Member

A lot of Chief's fans were ready to switch to Mahomes before this season started.

Denver should get in the Cousins sweepstakes. Another team I've heard mentioned that surprised me was Minnesota since none of their guys are under contract and all have question marks. It would take steel cojones to give up Keenum after this season though. If Cousins wants a team ready to win he'd have to look hard at those two.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:51 AM   #4
N8DCJ
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
Didn't know the chiefs were ready to move to Mahomes... Cousins will now get overpaid by the Jets or the Browns or the Giants or...
I doubt the browns will go after him , Smith made more sense for what they are/were after. A 2 year bridge QB...
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:25 PM   #5
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

The Browns usually do the smart thing, but this might be a time when they go crazy and screw up... :r ofl::rof l:

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:47 PM   #6
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

I like him, but yet another horrible Redskin trade.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:55 AM   #7
N8DCJ
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
The Browns usually do the smart thing, but this might be a time when they go crazy and screw up... :r ofl::rof l:
sigh ...sadly , they kind of deserve that....

I am encouraged by the new front office , they are highly touted across the NFL as good judges of talent and scouting , we shall see...

one of the problems up here is that we have been bad for so long and everyone is so jaded that any move the Browns make everyone assumes is wrong. Its tough to cut through all the superfluous BS and negativity. I tend to stay positive , but , kind of have a wait and see attitude.

assuming they do not do any trades during the draft , picks 1 & 4 should be easy to make good picks , the test will be what they do with the 3 2nd rounders...

its too bad Alex Smith opted to go to the Redskins , he would have been the perfect bridge QB for us...

I do not think the Redskins fans are too thrilled about it though... some say they got fleeced , guess time will tell..

Dan
Old 02-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #8
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

It makes so since for the Skins. They aren’t a Denver needing a Manning to go to a SB.

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #9
N8DCJ
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
It makes so since for the Skins. They aren’t a Denver needing a Manning to go to a SB.
Especially since they could have signed cousins to similar deal (2 years ago) as Smith...

How much did franchising cousins cost..

Gumby

Since I never watch the 'skins, would cousins have been worth a Smith contract 2 years ago ?

Dan
Old 02-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #10
kevie49

Between the potential free agent QBs along with the prospects that the draft will bring, there are a lot of options for teams looking for a QB.

With Cousins at the age of 29 he may well be looking for a potential SB team (well that's what he'll tell the papers) but in reality it will be whoever offers the biggest cheque.

Denver could be a good landing spot for him, but the Broncos may still be looking at Paxton Lynch as their future so they may be looking for more of a stop gap so Bradford may well get a look in. Arizona may also be a good fit for Cousins, but another team that could well take a look at him is Miami. The Dolphins may well think that they are paying Tannehill a lot given he seems to struggle to stay healthy. They also have plenty of talent on that team and Cousins could well bring some stability.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
kevie49 is offline   Reply With Quote