Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 08-09-2015, 04:47 AM   #1
bigw
Club Member

Thumbs up IPCPR Review--Psyko Seven

I am not sure of which size this is s I measured 6" but their web site has a Toro listed at 6.25" x 48, so I will assume that's it.
Appearance: Reddish brown in color, tight, invisible seams, firm, no soft spots. The wrapper at the foot end was a bit flaky, but was probably from all the handling prior to me receiving it.
Precut smells were of hay, barnyard, and manure. Somewhat earthy

Cold Draw was tight but ok, I detected the taste of nuts, and more earthiness.

The smoke: the draw opened up to perfection, not too much resistance. It put out a fair amount of smoke, I put it at a mild to medium, which works well with my coffee at 7 AM. Dominant noted flavors were still grass, nuts, and a little bit of that earthiness; no pepper or harsh bite. The construction is spot on and burns rather evenly with the ash hanging on firmly for almost two inches before I tapped it off. The ash was stark white and firmly packed.

Two thirds gone, and I pick up some cedar notes on the palate, still burning nice and evenly.
Prelight--9, Light--9, Draw--8 became a 10, Construction--9, Flavor--8, Power--5...Total 8.3
Conclusion. A solid,well-made, mild to medium stick. Worthy of early morning and after dinner (before bed) smoking. I would buy more.

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-09-2015 at 10:48 AM.
bigw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Good job, BigW. I can taste it.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote