Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
OscarDeuce

Recommend a place to buy online

Folks:

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I can't find the information I'm looking for. I'd like for you to recommend a place for a US-based member to buy online. Specifically, I want a site that doesn't make me create an account, remember a password, or whatever. I just want to buy some cigars from a site that makes it easy. Your recommendations are appreciated!

Best,
O-2
OscarDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
tonycsmoke
Club Member

They are all going to make you create an account. Beyond that there are several good ones.

Famous Smoke Shop
JR Cigars
Cigars International
Holts
Old 07-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
bc4393
Starting Member

Yup. Famous-smoke.com and JRcigar.com are my top 2. I have been ordering from them for years. I save my info to make it easier to shoot from the hip though. haha
bc4393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
KatDad
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post
They are all going to make you create an account. Beyond that there are several good ones.

Famous Smoke Shop
JR Cigars
Cigars International
Holts
I've done business with these four as well as Finck's in San Antonio. The majority, though, would be with CI and JR. All of these are fine merchants and will take good care of you.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
Wang Lung
Club Member

You don't have to create an account if you buy over the phone.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
N99
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycsmoke View Post

Famous Smoke Shop

Cigars International
Holts
Yep, +1 on these guys.

THINK, GADDAMIT!

gone bad (fff)
N99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Recently, a number of members have really praised Smoke Inn for its customer service.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBB View Post
Recently, a number of members have really praised Smoke Inn for its customer service.
I'm one of those guys...just tossed them another order today. Their customer service is simply outstanding.

My other go-to's:

Cigars International / sister site Cigar.com
Holt's
Atlantic
Famous
Mike's
New Havana
Nice Ash
Serious

...to name but a few.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
OscarDeuce

Gentlemen:

Thank you all for your recommendations. Guess I don't get the account thing. It's fine for those who want to, but why not make it easy for the guy that doesn't? It's the same reason my wife doesn't order from QVC anymore (there's a blessing in disguise) - you try to log in and it asks for your password. Enter your password and it says nope, wrong password. Try every password you've ever used. Still no joy. Try to create a new account and you get "sorry, that email is already in use!"

Best,
O-2
OscarDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #10
cigarfan
Herf God

Why keep an account?

I think it's so the vendors can keep history of your purchases. Why? I don't know.

I agree with you. I get tired of that, having to create an account just to place an order.
IMO, if you have a legitimate form of payment, why can't you simply just buy a cigar or a box?

I've never had to create an account when I walked into a brick and mortar cigar shop.

BTW, you do not have to create an account at
JR Cigars

But
Cigars International
Holts
Famous Smoke Shop
all make you create an account just to make a purchase.

Not sure about other vendors.