Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 01-22-2002, 10:14 PM   #1
MetsFan
Herf God

Sine some of you were interested to see how my new Sherman compared to the CigarCaddy, I took some pics. You can compare them at http://home.attbi.com/~cigarjoe/travelors.htm

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 12:23 AM   #2
DSturg369
Club Member

Great comparison!

I think this will come in handy for any would-be shoppers. I opted for the Sherman for many of the same reasons you listed.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:51 AM   #3
sucol
Club Member

Very helpful - I have a smaller Cigar Caddy and need something bigger. This will get me started.

"... smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments of life, and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you." - Sigmund Freud
Old 01-23-2002, 06:52 AM   #4
Oppie X
Herf Meister

Nice job!I have a Sherman 30 and just got a Zero Haliburton Ambassador 30.
Old 01-23-2002, 07:38 AM   #5
Ross
Club Member

Nice! I still like my Armored Humidor very much.

The World is full of Apathy and I don't care!!!
My current rotation: Most Perdomo, Oliva O, G and V, most CAO, Nub 464 maduro, Nub 464 Habano, a box or two of 5-Vegas, a couple boxes of ERdM Robusto Largo, Some AF Hemingway SS and some others I can't remember. It's a well-stocked Delta-T.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 07:39 AM   #6
MetsFan
Herf God

Ross - I think the Armored and Sherman are pretty much identical. Am I wrong?

This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence.
MetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 07:56 AM   #7
Jankjr

Thanks for the photo's MetsFan!

Damn Oppie, those cases are sweet but you are going to drop a pretty penny on them.

Jankjr

"Sweet'n the ride Black Sunshine"
Jankjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 10:51 AM   #8
Purosdave
Club Member

I love my Sherman 30 and I just got the Elite travel humi yesterday. I like the elite for the compact size and no trays. I still will use my Sherman for herfs and travel.

I'd rather be driving; either golf balls or my Dodge!
Purosdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:18 AM   #9
sambo
Herf Meister

Thanks for the leg work there Joe

Great comparison.

And then I ask myself:
Self?? Why don't psycics win the lottery??

Stop ruining my ideology with you logic!
sambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 11:23 AM   #10
Ross
Club Member

Joe, the outer cases are the same (Pelican) but the humidifying devices inside are different. The Armored uses Humidi-Pak system. Here's what Armored says about it:
Armored Humidors utilize the Humidi-Pak humidification system. Humidi-Pak technology has recently revolutionized the cigar industry when it comes to portable, constant humidity cigar storage.

The small, self contained, Humidi-Pak CHUB contains a gel-like substance that only knows a life of 70% humidity. What is unique about them is that they actually "breathe" humidity. If it isn't humid enough they release humidity like any other humidifier, but the Humidi-Pak will actually absorb humidity if there is too much in the case! The Humidi-Pak has been put to the test in every climate conceivable from the arctic to the desert to the jungle. They maintain a relative humidity of 70% regardless of where your travel takes you.

Those who live where humidity is constantly changing will appreciate this. If you open your humidor to get a cigar in 80% humidity, the humidor has now acclimated itself to the outside 80% humidity. If you were using a normal humidification device that constantly releases humidity, your cigars will be damaged in short order from becoming too humid. This is the #1 reason for cigars to burn unevenly!

In addition to being the only humidification system that actually works in a travel humidor where climate changes are the norm, the Humidi-Pak is completely maintenance free. There is no need to carry and constantly add any wetting solution to the system. Such solutions have resulted in the destruction of many cigars carried in a travel humidor which is frequently being knocked around. If you even slightly over-fill a standard humidification system it will drip liquid into the cases and onto your cigars. Even the thought of this causes the hand rollers of fine cigars to cringe, as it ruins the wrapper of the cigar. You also don't need to "air out" the trays with our humidor which makes it completely maintenance free.

It has been our experience that one Humidi-Pak will last approximately 4-6 months depending on how often the system has to "work". You will know when to replace the CHUB because the gel will start to dry out and harden. Then just pitch it out and throw in another one! You'll find it to be a much simpler and less expensive way to go than messing around with solutions!

For more information regarding the Humidi-Pak System visit their home page at www.humidi-pak.com.

Since mine stay sealed when I am not using, I have the same humi kit in mine from original purchase last summer. I just purchased the larger 1200 this AM (they are on sale) to compliment my 1150. I need the extra room to hold all the gifts I hope to get at the next herf

The World is full of Apathy and I don't care!!!
My current rotation: Most Perdomo, Oliva O, G and V, most CAO, Nub 464 maduro, Nub 464 Habano, a box or two of 5-Vegas, a couple boxes of ERdM Robusto Largo, Some AF Hemingway SS and some others I can't remember. It's a well-stocked Delta-T.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote