Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 06-22-2022, 10:28 PM   #11
tonycsmoke
Club Member

I used to smoke 3 a day, Then I had a heart attack. I quit for a few months to recover. Now I smoke 1 a day 4 or 5 times a week. I actually changed up and buy mostly first now. I was a seconds (because who can afford $30 or $40 a day cigar habit.) I buy mostly on cigarauctioneer and have had great luck at picking up some classic great cigars with no bids. If I'm only going to smoke one cigar I'm not messing around with seconds any longer.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:08 AM   #12
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DCJ View Post
True , but , the place I go is unlike any other cigar store in the country. That isn't me saying that , that is all the cigar reps who come in. Many of them who stop by , it isn't even their area , they just stop to be there ...

Hell , even the owners of cigar companies stop by once a year just to hang out ... that is probably normal in big cities , we are a town of 45k... of which 99.9% don't buy cigars ...
That's like Maxwells...
The VP of sales for general used to be our rep. Then the guy who replaced him, Nick Nunziata, and Chris Carey - and they all still come in to hang out. Same with Chris from perdomo... if they find themselves in the area, they stop.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:08 AM   #13
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

I honestly haven't noticed there having been any increase in nc prices from the places online I order from every month, so if its happened, its been pretty small and doesn't effect what I get
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:21 AM   #14
Smok'em1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatDad View Post
cigar bid, cigars international's auction site: https://www.cigarbid.com/
CB. They have so much of my money. lol

Actually my consumption has increased since now I work from home most of the time

Last edited by Smok'em1313; 06-23-2022 at 04:24 AM.
Smok'em1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:18 AM   #15
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smok'em1313 View Post
CB. They have so much of my money. lol

Actually my consumption has increased since now I work from home most of the time
Nice. Always dreamt of working from home, but its kinda impossible with any field i have ever worked in. Did still get to smoke some cigars in my work truck in the oilfields frequently, so that was nice, especially when the guy i was training was a cigar smoker too since i was the designated field trainer for new hires.
Old 06-23-2022, 06:41 AM   #16
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Money has got a little tight, again, recently. Thus, I am back down to one per night. The heat helps me to go inside so I don't tempt myself to smoke the second and third.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:36 AM   #17
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

The weather has more effect on my cigar smoking than anything. Bought a crapload of Partagas shorts, Bolivar pc and ERDM CS about a year ago. I've got 3 30qt coolers in my office and am going to either rearrange those 3 or start a new one for PCA samples this summer.

At current smoking rates, I have 2 lifetimes worth. With the price increases, my estate shoul be able to auction after I'm dead and gone.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:01 AM   #18
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
The weather has more effect on my cigar smoking than anything. Bought a crapload of Partagas shorts, Bolivar pc and ERDM CS about a year ago. I've got 3 30qt coolers in my office and am going to either rearrange those 3 or start a new one for PCA samples this summer.

At current smoking rates, I have 2 lifetimes worth. With the price increases, my estate shoul be able to auction after I'm dead and gone.
Having more than a lifetime's worth, especially of cc's, is a great and enviable position to be in.

My monthly orders allow me to maintain my daily habit, plus I have a fair surplus, but I'll never have a lifetime's worth for sure. I wouldn't have the space for that many even if it was possible. My room is already pretty much completely occupied by cigars as much as is allowed, as I'm required to leave enough room for a stretcher to come in if needed.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:19 AM   #19
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Yeah, Sean. That was the idea of not only CCs, but cabinets. I only have hindsight on price increases. I was more concerned with supply chain issues than price increases at the time I ordered all of them. Another advantage of happenstance. The last 2 real estate acquisitions, the investment partnership and the collections I have were very good investments.

I've made solid decisions based solely on my gut. Just luck, I guess. We don't live as upper middle class folks, even if we qualify as such.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:26 AM   #20
mike s
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Smoking about the same. I’ve found some cigars I like to throw into the mix from my local rollers at Bobalu cigars. I like em because if I don’t finish them or they get wet in the pool or whatever I don’t feel bad about the cost, if that makes any sense. Like a few of the other old timers around here my CC collection is more that I will ever be able to smoke, but I’m trying. Especially now that it’s summer and I’m not working. When I first started buying in 00 I thought about how many boxes I wanted to have when I retire at 52 (just think how old those cigars will be then!). Made that happen but it took the better part of 7 years, and building a walk-in to store them all.

Got six more years to go till the end date and you can bet I will be smoking a stogie whenever I can.
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote