Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
solomr2
Herf Meister

What R U Smokin... Premiums $10+

I seldom know why some cigars get a premium or super premium treatment, fetching $10, $20, and even $30 plus per cigar in some cases, for non Cuban tobacco.

I know, you're probably thinking "what a newb"! Well, perhaps I am somewhat inexperienced, and probably a bit naive. I get that there is a market for any luxury, including cigars. But having lived in the largest metropolis closest to Cuba, with hundreds of cigar merchants, and millions of Cuba nationals all around me, I still find it perplexing.

A good number of these Premium marquees are HQ'd right here in Miami, and have relatively low cost operations in Dominican, Honduras or Nicaragua. Some of these brands I smoked years ago when they were still relatively boutique or undiscovered, and still affordable. Now they charge more for a single cigar (at box prices) than some low budget brands cost by the box. Others that were already expensive 10-15 years ago have become crazy expensive.

So, what premium non-Cubans have you been smoking?

Would you buy them again?

What makes them so special to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk