Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2022, 06:40 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Saka's Question of the Week, May 13, 2022: New tabaqueros

It has been a bit since Steve did one of these on social media, in my case, Facebook. I shared this to the CW group over there. The link may or may not come up for you, so here it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Saka
Been a really long time since I did one of these...

Most days I read the media sites and it seems like daily 1 to 3 new brands are being announced as launching this year.

And we are in May, normally most things are announced in June, so I am anticipating my head will spin reading them all next month.

I am free market guy, so competition is healthy - it keeps the industry fresh, so I welcome them to the grind.

What I find intriguing however is in situation with a myriad of supply chain problems, quality filler tobacco shortages and escalating costs that there are so many new ones. I expected many of the existing companies would have more "new new" to offer this year given the pause from last year, but I never expected the influx of so many new brand owners.

This is looking like a gangbuster year for new introductions, should make for an interesting year at the Premium Cigar Association trade show.

Wonder what consumers and retailers think?

Excited?

Overwhelmed?

What has been announced that has caught your eye?

Comments
Casey Aldulaimi
I think the market is starting to shrink again by how many reps are visiting lately and how much the pushing for sales.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=....1675772774749

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote