Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2004, 01:06 PM   #1
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

MonteCristo (Dom.) Les Cigar Des Art Churchill Tubo

This one was on my suspicion of "All show and no go" list. If they have to make the boxes and tubos all prettified, how good can the cigar be? Actually, pretty good!
The cigar is approx. 7X48. Wrapper is..... cameroon I think. The start was rocky. Dry and bitter. I've come to expect this of Dominican cigars. It improved quickly. Nice mild sweetness. Further on, I tasted orange peel. The flavor became richer, duskier. You've read this before you say? Yeah, the flavor was surprisingly similar to Perdomo's La Tradicion Cammie . Not as strong though. The progression from front to back was very nice. I liked this cigar and would recommend you try to snag a fiver on Cbid if the price is right. The presentation in the fancy tubo makes it nice as a gift cigar.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote