Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
Herfin Bigdog
Herf Meister

Thompson's Cigar Brands - Have You Smoked Anything Good?

I'll say it up front to get it out of the way.

The majority of us feel that there are several dozen (if not hundreds) of better places to purchase cigars other than Thompsons. They are not a serious vendor of name-brand cigars from recognized manufacturers, for several reasons. There...it has been said.

For the purpose of THIS thread, I know this may be difficult, but PLEASE refrain from bashing Thompsons. If you can't offer anything constructive or beneficial to the rest of us, please don't post anything.

Playing the Devil's Advocate (as I did with Colibri Lighters a while back) on behalf of Thompson's Cigars this time...

Have you found any of the myriad of Thompson's lines of cigars worth smoking? If so, what line was it?

I'm asking because I figured that with so many lines being offered (some of them being made by well established manufacturers for Thompsons), odds are that at least one of them is a good, inexpensive alternative.

Some of them actually look good and/or sound interesting. But I don't want to have to buy an entire bundle or box to find out that I don't like a particular Thompsons cigar.

Please fill us in. This enquiring mind wants to know. And I'm sure others might find the answers interesting.

Don't be shy about it. If you like it and it fits your price range, it's worth smoking it.

"Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke."

To me, a cigar is more than a good smoke; it is a way of life. I love them! And it killed George Burns at 100, so don't give me any crap about health! -- Bert Sugar, Sports Writer
Herfin Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote