Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 08-16-2003, 04:25 AM   #1
parshooter
Herf God

Kentucky Bourbon Festival

Bardstown KY, Sept 17-21. We went a couple of years ago. Had a great time. We are going again this year. Friday night is the Bourbon, Cigars, and Jazz dinner. Very nice event. Last time a local cigar shop supplied everyone with 4 cigars (Macanudo, Punch, RyJ, and something else), cigar matches and cutter. There was a buffet, Cajun food, and all the bourbon you could drink. Don't know what is on the menu for this year, except Heaven Hill will be the sponsering bourbon. Of course, I will bring my own cigars The website is http://www.kybourbonfestival.com/menu.htm
Check it out

#69 of the JLOH
parshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Re: Kentucky Bourbon Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by parshooter
All the bourbon you could drink.
Are you in Heaven (Hill) or are you in Hell
Once you've descended the bottomless well?
Only time and tipples will tell
If you have fallen under the spell.

Old 08-18-2003, 05:44 AM   #3
Uncajim

If you get a chance, you really should check out this Festival. We go every year and always have a great time and the Bourbon, Cigars, and Jazz night is always a highlight.

If you've never been to Bardstown and are the least bit interested in Bourbon production and tradition, it is a great weekend trip. There are a number of distilleries in the area and lots of things to see and do.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:49 AM   #4
SmoKerch
Herf God

Re: Kentucky Bourbon Festival

Quote:
Originally Posted by parshooter
and all the bourbon you could drink.
All the bourbon I could drink, or all the bourbon I would want?

There is a difference.

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 08:49 AM   #5
parshooter
Herf God

Two more days. We are taking tours of Woodford Reserve (Legg & Pratt), Jim Beam, and Maker's Mark on Friday, then the cigar dinner Friday night. Probably will sleep in Sat and take in the festival activities, then a dinner train on Sat night. Anybody else going

#69 of the JLOH
parshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 10:14 AM   #6
dmg2
Club Member

Dammit no. I can't make it. It is my bday though. Can't celebrate today, working late. Tomorrow night though I have instructed the better half to pick up some Woodford Reserve on her way home from work AND I'm going to get a bottle of the Evan Williams Single Barrel 1993 which is available at a local grocery store. One of the good things about living in Wisconsin is the shared love of all things booze....

So what should I pair the bourbon with? I'm going something special being as I just turned twelve and all. Partagas Pyramid EL (sumpn like that I know it's not correct), Bolivar Immensas '97, or one of the remaining PSD3 or RyJ Robusto EL's I have? What do you think?

Sorry for the thread jack.
dmg2 is offline   Reply With Quote