Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Old 01-10-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
LabRatGDI
Herf God

Bulleit Bourbon

Just got a bottle of this last week, not expecting much, but for 17 bucks, what the heck.

Damn, this stuff is pretty tasty. I'd call it in the likes of a lower-proof Wild Turkey. Heavy flavors and satisfying.

I'd recommend it for those who enjoy this kind of whiskey.
I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. -- Benjamin Franklin
LabRatGDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:18 PM   #2
Linn
Club Member

Huzzah! For you LabRat! Bullit bourbon is somewhat of a mystry. What you are drinking now was made at the Four Roses Distillery in Clermont, Kentucky right next door to the Jim Beam Distillery.

Four Roses was owned by Segram's out of Canada. Segram's was split up with the French Vivendi taking Segram's Universal Studios holdings while the French Pernod Ricard and the British Diageo slugged it out for the rest of Segram's beverage holdings.

The Four Roses Distillery was left in the lurch, and a small Japanesse brewery bought the property. The vast majority of Four Roses production goes to Japan fo sale any way. Four Roses 80 proof bourbon is only for sale in Kentucky and southern Indiania. The single barrel version is only for sale in Japan. $250 / bottle is what I've been told from my Japanese connections.

Any questions?
Old 01-10-2003, 04:51 PM   #3
huskerMike

I have tried it and agree. It is very good for the price.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:57 AM   #4
madal
Herf Meister

Next trip to the packy! Hey Linn, do you put out a newsletter? With so many bourbons to choose from I need some reference on what's what.