Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #26
SmoKerch
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well_Armed
1. I live in a house built in 1920 (rental) and it is FREEZING everywhere in the house except for the furnace room, which is where I am storing my coolers. Even when the furnace is running it is only about 60 deg. in the room. So, my coolers are usually 60 deg. most of the time so running the light and fans together for a bit warms it up inside for quite a long time. I just moved the cooler up off the floor and closer to the furnace and that keeps it a bit warmer.

2. When it is all filled up the light is quite useless. I am going to make another so it is not so packed though. I just wanted a light for fun and it is not very useful since it doesn't come on with the opening of the door. I looked at door switches but couldn't find one that would work well in a small space with low voltage lighting. If someone figure this out let me know.

I am moving in 45 days to a new house so the heating issue will be moot and I will probably just unplug the light as it gets hot and could F up my cigars if I forget to turn it off one day. For a saf light it has to be low voltage.
I keep my coolers in a basement room next to the HVAC unit and it is near 60 degrees year round. I've had no problems. Like you said, I'd be concerned about accidently leaving the light on and toasting my cigars.

Remember, the 70 degrees thing is a maximum temp, not necessarily the ideal.

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote