Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
mrkmitch
Club Member

Bucanero "Canon Cubano Maduro"

At 5 1/2"x 60 , this is the largest Bucanero offered. The wrapper was a silky, lightly veined medium brown beauty. The head took to the xikar like a warm knife to butter, no ragged edges or stragglers after the cut. The double cap was firm and held nicely though out the entire smoke.

The pre-light aroma was of cut tobacco with some sweetness, like nutmeg, very appealing. The foot toasted well and took the flame evenly. Initial draws were full bodied and flavorful, with an underlying spicyness to the first puffs. The cigar emitted volums of blue grey smoke with each puff. The flavor built through out the entire smoke, with tobacco flavors laced with sweet herbs and brewed tea. The smoke was very smooth and velvety as it entered the pallet.

The one I tried last night was directly off my front porch steps (ROTT), without the benefit of acclimating with some additional 'dor time, so I had some burn issues (canoes, it was a blustery damp day in Indy). I figure some storage will fix that problem, I was just too anxious to try this new Buc to wait.

The finish was long and flavorful. The whole cigar took about 90 minutes to smoke and well worth the time investment. Needless to say I nubbed this sampling. If anyone out there is a fan of the original Bucanero "Clasico Maduro", the "Canon" is a step up in flavor and body, but delivers a very smooth and sophisticated smoking experience. For big ring cigar lovers this is a treat. I'm looking forward to trying another after some rest and relaxation , ....for myself too....lol.
mrkmitch is offline   Reply With Quote