Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 PM   #1
vasmoker

Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No 1

Prodigy, or Partagas dons a Tuxedo

Box Date :April 2005
Size : Delicados 7 9/16 x 36

Simply extraordinary! After putting my oldest son to bed shortly before 9:00 tonight, I debated whether to turn in myself after a long stressful week. After deciding that no, it would be a good evening to relax out on the porch before the weather turns too much chillier and to celebrate placing my order with Bob Staebell today, I brewed myself a cup of Sulawesi Toraja, poured a small glass of 10 year old tawny, and then opened one of my soon to be retired Igloo's. I acquired these cigars, which are beautifully presented in a cedar cabinet of 25, 3 months ago and have been reluctant to light up this particular cigar while still so youthful. Aw, what the hell.

These long, sophisticated cigars, wrapped in medium brown Colorado wrappers, are a bit veiny. The box has a beautiful aroma, almost minty. The prelight draw was perfect and the first half inch was extraordinary. I put down my book and turned out the porch light, content just to savor this smoke. The first third was amazingly delicate for such a young cigar. This was pure Partagas, but so refined. The first third was dominated by strong tea flavors, but with no bitterness, some wood, leather, nuts, and the faintest touch of citrus. The finish lastest for minutes. At the halfway point the spice began breaking through. Alas, the brashness of youth could not be restrained forever and some bitterness finally became noticeable at the two-thirds point and I put the beauty down not wishing to ruin an hour and fifteen minutes of smoking heaven.

The construction of this cigar was perfect and was quite possibly the cleanest and straightest burning cigar I have smoked.

I must again thank Shooter for sharing one of these last spring over lunch. What a tremendous smoke!
vasmoker is offline   Reply With Quote