Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2005, 09:30 AM   #1
SmokinToranos2Day

Another cX2 Review

My local shop got the cX2's in on Tuesday this week, so I decided to head over and grab a few. I read a lot of mediorcre reviews from RTDA but decided to taste it for myself so I grabbed 2 toros for $10/stick. Pricey yes, but I am a sucker for trying new things.

First thing I noticed about this cigar, like most CAO's, it was rather solid. I rarely find a CAO with "soft spots" or any "flex" to it. I personally dont like this, especially towards the cap since I regularly bite down, but thats just me. The exterior appearance of the cigar was nice and smelled of rich tobacco with a hint of leather. Pre-light the draw was tough and I could already tell it was a little on the strong side. After lighting the draw was still a bit tight, but not unbearable. The taste wasn't really anything. I had read a lot of reviews saying "it has no defining taste" and I really couldnt imagine such a thing ... until I lit up. Its just sort of bland is the best way I could describe it. Rich but very bland. Another problem I had was the burn. This thing can not stay even at all. I had 4 friends smoking with me, all with cX2's and we all had similar problems. You would have to even it up to almost half an inch at times. Quite annoying about half way up the stick.

Im really taken aback by this cigar. I have lost a lot of respect for CAO after having this, and from what I've heard about the Sopranos, good things arent coming either. I can think of an almost infinite number of cigars I'd rather smoke than this, for a lot cheaper too. Don't bother with this smoke. Save your money.

Score: 4.7/10 All hype, no delivery.