Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2004, 10:01 AM   #1
CMT
Club Member

Payne-Mason (first review)

Payne-Mason review of the Habana Unos Double Corona Maduro.

Like others have said this is a large smoke that looks well constructed, not to many veins, it feels almost perfect to the touch. A little amount of glue can be seen on the wrapper of the cigar but nothing to get worked up about. I let this sit in my humi for a couple of weeks now; I think it’s time to smoke it.
The cigar cut real clean and smooth, no extra tobacco falling out, and left the wrapper as clean as I received it. The cigars lit with ease, and I got an even light. So far it’s off to a great start. About a quarter of the way through it, It’s burning real well and even, the ash is a light grey and does not hold to well as it feel onto my notebook. Half way through, it is still burning great and even. No problems smoking. This is a very consistent smoke. With just a little nub left and I can say that this cigar burnt well all the way through, the ash didn’t hold at all but what a nice experience this was. It had some unique flavors that I can’t begin to describe.
Over all, this was a good smoke. I want to thank Payne-Mason for giving me this chance to review their cigars and I wish them the best.