Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
Little Steve
Club Member

Vegas Robania Classico ECA MAY 00

Its cold! First freeze of the year so I will be in the garage with a bottle water, pen, and pad.

Pre-Smoke

Apperance and Construction
This Lonsdale has a dark Claro wrapper with a course texture, nice cap, and a medium to firm bunch.
10/10

Aroma/Bouquet
Very faint (almost flat) but pleasant bouquet. Pre-light draw was straight “new leather”
8/10

Smoke

Burn
Even burn, flat coal, black ash on the wrapper while the filler is uniformly white, and a flakey ash that does hold but an inch. Great combustion.
9/10

Draw
Good resistance with a fair smoke volume.
8/10

Flavor
First third
Medium richness and a little unequal when it comes to balance. Medium in strength and in body. Flavors included fresh grass, earthy (tree bark), clove spice, and crushed coffee bean (have you ever chewed on some fresh roasted coffee beans?). A very appealing first third

Second third
Toward the half way point it became mild in richness, mild in strength, more balanced, mild to medium in body. I tasted fresh leather, fresh grass, tree bark and coffee. Not much new going on.

Last third
Tree bark and leather. Kind of papery. I tasted anise which made things a little more interesting until it quietly faded away. Slight mint and a lot of grass for the aroma. Mild in richness, body, and strength. Kind of underwhelming.
15/20

Finish/Aftertaste
First third
Light sweetness, medium bitterness, very weak acidity, and a slightly lingering dryness. Short in length. The bitterness definitely stood out.

Second third
The sweetness starts to fade while the bitterness and the acidity grew. Short finish. Underwhelming.

Last third
The acidity grew and the bitter dry taste just lingers with the short finish.
12/20

Summery
I’m a sucker for finishes and this just did not have it. In fact, as I smoked it the finish became shorter and shorter. The ending was disappointing. There could have been more smoke volume. But I still do have hope though. I’ve had the box only for a week and they still could be a bit moist. It is raining out side, so the humidity may have played a factor too.
15/20

Appearance/Construction 10/10
Aroma/Bouquet 8 /10
Burn 9/10
Draw 8/10
Flavor 15/20
Finish/Aftertaste 12/20
Summery 15/20

Total 77/100