Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2006, 01:05 PM   #1
Little Steve
Club Member

A Weekend of Amazing Smokes - ER's, regurlar production, and

Friday

After Work
06 Punch Supper Robusto ER

Beautiful to the eye and very well constructed. Tasted quite similar to the punch robusto ER. First half was a roller coaster of flavors ranging from sharp grass to cream. About half way through i was met with sharp wood and tobacco flavors. Rich, complex, and appealingly youthful. I cant wait to revisit these a few months from now.

After Dinner
94 Bolivar Regent

Absolutely firm to the touch. I was worried that the draw would be tight but with a quick snip it revealed a nice air flow with a beautiful pre-light aroma.
Very earthy and spicy at first. The flavor quickly refined to a earthly toasted tobacco with a subtle sweetness and nice mellow acidity. Got some bitter wood flavors in there as well. Full bodied and complex. Nubed it.

Saturday

Before Work
05 Por Larranaga Panatela

Very dark wrapper. Darker than allot of the ELs Ive seen. Taste the same as they did six months ago. Sweet Carmel, bready, mellow spice, and medium bodied. Can beat them for $2 and some change.

Durring Work
05 Mag 46

The more i smoke these the more i like them. Nice medium body. Delicious flavor. Coffee, cream, tobacco, and a very long finish. The after taste stayed with me for quite some time. Very enjoyable..

After work and dinner
06 Taboada Double Double Corona

A humongous cigar. A little smaller than an A. This was from his last trip to TJ. Dark Colorado wrapper. Creamy with a solid medium body. later changes to a barn yard earth. I also pick up some chocolate and herbal note. Medium after taste. I'm going to let these sit a couple more months before i give them another try. Still full of promises

Sunday

06 Por Larranaga Lonsdale ER

With the initial light, I was hit with sharp grass and wheat flavors. Full in body. Slightly sweet and nutty. It did mellow down a bit. Can not wait to revisit these in a few months. Perfect construction by the way.

01 Cohiba Lancero

I just love the way this cigar looks with the old bands. This cigar had a dry but smooth wrapper and a small pig tail. At first, there was lots of grass, sweet spice, distinctly cohiba. Very strong cigar. Bean flavors where present. Very balanced. Perfect amount of resistance on the draw. The last fourth was exceedingly strong. Took almost two hours to smoke.

Merry Christmas