Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2006, 04:19 AM   #1
jazznut
Managing Editor Emeritus
Herf God

Arran Single Cask 1996

Just in case anyone missed my entry in The Single Malt Scotch Whisky Primer "sticky" at the top of the forum page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznut
Arran Single Cask Malt, Distilled December 1996, Matured in Bourbon Cask No.2089 & Bottled November 2005 – 56.6% alcohol by volume

Colour: Quite pale gold tinged with the yellow-green of underripe banana peels.
Nose: Pears and lychees in light syrup with just a smidgen of salt. Spring grasses.
Palate: Beautifully clean malt presence. Fruit pastilles. Vanilla custard. Lemon sage. A subtle hint of flint. Dries to a slightly peppery yet controlled afterburn. The high proof, oak extract and oily texture get along perfectly with one another.
Assessment: Lives life to best effect in the high 40s to low 50s alcohol percentage by volume. Go easy when adding the water.
Summary: Makes friends easily.