Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 02-05-2022, 04:28 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Air Fryers

I know there are discussions on here somewhere regarding Air Fryers but couldn't find it. My Bride asked me to ask you guys about recommending an air fryer. She is a little disillusioned after our first attemp using an Instapot air fryer attachment as well as reading reviews on Amazon on air fryers. She's asking also fryer/toaster oven combo or a stand-alone. Or, are air fryers just meh and not worth the squeeze? Thanks

-Dan
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 05:21 AM   #2
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I borrowed Phil's for a few days to try it out. He raves about it. It disappointed me on everything I cooked in it. Like Instapot, I think it's just a fad. I ended up buying a new, larger capacity deep fryer and I'm very happy about it.

Lots of people love thir air fryers and Instapots, but I'm satisfied with a crock pot and a deep fryer.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 05:54 AM   #3
jeepdad
Club Member

Jason, perhaps you're right it's just doesn't give good results. My daughter has one she raves about her air fryer bringing leftovers back to life.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2022, 06:00 AM   #4
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

That's jut my opinion/experience. How many Ronco products are still being used?

Doing low carb, fats aren't an issue. The breading is verboten.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:17 AM   #5
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Air Fryers

Air Fryer XL is a basket style I currently use with excellent results for about 5 years.

I picked up this oven style air fryer (Power Air Fryer Oven) brand new in box at an estate sale for $20. I have not used it yet but I plan on trying it out soon.

I have been looking for an oven style air fryer and this one got my attention.

I mostly use air fryers for foods found in the frozen section like French fries, onion rings, taquitos, chicken wings and tenders. I roast tomatoes, tomatillos, onions, garlic for salsas. I like to make tempura shrimp and veggies in the air fryer. I have done whole chicken pieces, flap meat and veggies for fajitas with good results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by SLR; 02-05-2022 at 06:23 AM.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:18 AM   #6
jeepdad
Club Member

I haven't had any problems with our Instapot. Works as advertised and works well.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:21 AM   #7
jeepdad
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLR View Post
Air Fryer XL is a basket style I currently use with excellent results for about 5 years.

I picked up this oven style air fryer (Power Air Fryer Oven) brand new in box at an estate sale for $20. I have not used it yet but I plan on trying it out soon.

I have been looking for an oven style air fryer and this one got my attention.

I mostly use air fryers for foods found in the frozen section like French fries, onion rings, taquitos, chicken wings and tenders. I roast tomatoes, tomatillos, onions, garlic for salsas. I like to make tempura shrimp and veggies in the air fryer. I have done whole chicken pieces, flap leaf and veggies for fajitas with good results.

Thanks. Am interested in your thoughts on the oven style.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:21 AM   #8
SLR
Charter Member
Herf God

Air Fryers

Crock pots, insta pots, air fryers, I use them all. Takes a lot of practice to figure out the best cooks on these kitchen gadgets. For me I have figured out some very good stuff with these gadgets.

Last edited by SLR; 02-05-2022 at 06:50 AM.
SLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 07:15 AM   #9
BigJohn
Chief Geek, @cigarweekly

This one.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GoWISE-U...4800/308051618

Big enough to do a dozen or so chicken wing sections and a basket of fries at the same time.

You have to turn the food over and rotate the baskets, about half way or a little more through the cook times but it works great.
Comes with accessories and a rotisserie so you can even do a chicken up to 6lbs.
Help support the CigarWeekly webhost (me!) > Shop online? Start HERE: direct to Amazon.com
Protect your computer from VIRUSES > Get Avast!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 08:41 AM   #10
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

We have an air fryer and a instapot and we use them all the time. Never had any problems.