Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #24
mannish
Herf God

I am a tebow fan and really don't understand how anyone can not be a fan - the media saturation is all I can figure cause otherwise what's not to like..?.

The 49rs looked marvelous. I like defense and they played it well until all hell broke loose in the last few minutes. Since tebow and the saints are both out I will probably pull for the 49rs although I do like the Aaron Rodgers & I like the Patriots

Obliviously I knew the patriots were going to trash the broncs - Did not see the 49rs coming though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
I liked Tebow....not as a QB....but I think he's a genuine person. A reporter recently admitted trying to find dirt on Tebow, in that he (the reporter) couldn't believe the kid was really that clean...and sincere.
But the reporter found out he really is a good honest, sincere young man. No phoney baloney.

However, I know a lot of fine Christian men...but that doesn't make them good QBs.
I respect Tebow as a person, and one day he might be an NFL QB...but at this point in time, he's not there.

That said, people just over-reacted both ways over Tebow.

He did not win or lose a single game by himself. The Broncos won..the Broncos lost.

So yes, I'm a bit glad the mania has subsided...now we can figure out if Green Bay or the Giants play the Pats in the SB.