Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
run23

frigin' beads

hi guys,
i searched this issue and couldn't find anything specific, so here is my issue. i have an aristocrat mini with a pound of beads in it, (split into two bags, one upper and one lower). i've had the beads in there for over 6 months and the humidity will not go below 70%. it's actually rock solid most of the time at 69-70%. my question. do i need to charge the beads for them to actually start lowering the RH? seems strange that i would have to do that since it's already at a pretty high RH and there would be plenty of moisture to draw from to drop to 65%. i ordered the 65% and i'm certain that's what it said when i got them, but now i'm wondering if the bag was mislabeled and i ended up with a lb of 70%...in which case they are working perfectly. any thoughts? i found some mold growing on my SP belis so there is a re-newed interest in dropping the RH. prior to my discovery i was fine with the RH, but now i'm worried. both hygros salt tested to within 1% accuracy. thanks guys.

~run
run23 is offline   Reply With Quote