Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2004, 09:25 AM   #17
ferdelance
Herf Meister

southern sky , you can get free installs and recievers when you sign up or like me i have Dish network which is west-and a bit south, you get a free dish and everything, you just have to sign a contract, i got 3 recievers one of which is a PVR that records like TiVo, they have sirrius,
Direct TV is east and they have the same kind of deals as well, just go to theier websites usually you get one RVR one picture in guide reciever and two cheap recievers or you can go for a 2 room or even a one room, they (dish network) even has HDTV, but they don't have local channels, but i can get CBS from NY which is cool as i can see some real newsm, . but it depends on where you live if the networks will allow you to pick up their signals from elswhere, otherwise i just tturn the TV to the channell i want to see, , if you are gonnna do it yourself you will need a reciever and a card that is "cracked" and you will have to tune the dish manually till you get the signal i can give you the coordibnates and you can use a compass to get it, but you still will need a reciever. i have the everything package and i think it is about 45a month, just a chaep as cable, but i get HBO-E and if i miss a program i wanted to see i can catch it on HBO-W, same goes for all the movie packages, plus they got some great PPV flicks which is great for me as i can't sit long enough to watch a movie. so i can lay down and watch them,