Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2022, 08:32 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

El Fenicio

A goodly number of years ago, our great friend Red, of these boards, sent me a FULL Thompson humidor. Now I'm talking around 2007 or so. It is my "go-to" humidor for singles, and there are still some gems in there that I am refusing to smoke as the species will go extinct when I do.

One of these species he sent were original Tio Pepe belicosos from Don José "Pepín" Garcia. There were five or six, initially, but I have smoked them down to two.

At the bottom there were a pair of El Fenicio belicosos as well. I didn't know what they were, so I simply left them there for all these long years. I didn't know if these were domestics, or a "re-brand" from a Mediterranean island, or something else. Either way, I pulled one out Sunday and smoked it.

I found it quite respectable of a cigar. Steven (Red) said he didn't even remember them, much less know what they were when I hit him up on FB Sunday. So, I just entered El Fenicio cigars in a new search engine I'm trying out presearch.org

It turns out that these are a bundle brand made by Cuban Crafters, so they are available. They are priced right there in the same range as some of my regular, good, bundles like the Villazon, Quorum, and Factory Smokes. They may be worth a shot, we shall see.

Link to the Natural

If any of y'all try them again before I do, let us know your thoughts. My trigger finger is getting itchy...

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 02-23-2022 at 08:37 AM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote