Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
AKDiscer

Question Overall Cigar Flavor - Wrapper or Filler

As I've been reading and educating myself, I've been confused about how the wrapper and filler affect the created flavor profile. Some references state how the flavor of a cigar is measured by the wrapper, others state how the filler is the main constituent(s) of overall flavor. Additionally, the wrapper is an aesthetically pleasing component, more than a flavor addition.

In my mind, from a logical and sophomoric perspective, it would seem that the filler would hold the lion's share of the flavor. If nothing else, because of the volume of tobacco in most of the popular sizes. I can surmise, on my own, that if a diameter is smaller, like that of a lancero (and the like), that a wrapper would play a, somewhat, larger role in the overall flavor. Further, I realize that the binder can add (or not much at all) to the flavor, as it is one of the lower quality leaves.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...
AKDiscer is offline   Reply With Quote