Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2003, 01:31 PM   #1
Bitingsam

Predictions

Okay, so Cincy just missed the playoffs, did any of you predict they'd even be close at the beginning of the year like i did? and i did say TB would miss the playoffs, only to change when vick got hurt. shouldnt have changed that one. those steeler fans who laughed at me when i said they'd win 6 games...where are they now?

my 1st prediction was stl vs NE...then changed to philly vs kc, mostly as a fantasy. it could happen.

but now that the field is set, here's what im feeling (and remember, i predicted LSU would win it all back in april so im on a roll )

NFC
1st round
Carolina over Dallsuck
GB over Sea

2nd round
Life long birds fan. 2nd year in a row the #1 seed, and i'll be rooting like crazy for us to experience a SB berth here in philly...but the dee scares me, as does favre and ahman green running through our injury-riddled dee line...for that reason, something is just telling me...

GB over Philly (God, i hope im wrong...reid has done such a great job with this team)
Stl over carolina

championship
STL over GB

AFC
1st round
Indy over Denver
Tenne over Balt

2nd round
Tenne over NE (the jinx of the AFC #1 seed continues)
KC over Indy in an absolute shoot out

championship
KC over Tenne (Ok, im saying i dont think philly makes it because of their dee but im saying kc makes it with an even worse dee....how? The KC/Indy game will be strictly home field advantage, where KC has now won 14 in a row. tenne matches up perfectly wih KC because george isnt portis, lewis, james. again, home field advantage wins out.)

super bowl
KC 38 stlouis 34 in the best super bowl ever played

ok, im ready for it..just like in the preseason. bring it on...and deep down i hope its philly/kc because i cant lose no matter who wins.