Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
vcut
Herf God

Yuck!

I wonder if any of you have had this experience. In the past I have occasionally run into cigarillos that developed a sharp, acrid, extremely bitter taste from the wrapper that actually burned my lips. I have rationalized that it may be from some coloring agent used to make the wrapper look better, but of course I don't know.

However, tonight I smoked a Bolivar Cofradia corona, probably the 8th or tenth out of the box, and experienced the exact same thing around the halfway point. The previous smokes from this box have been fine. This "acid" is definitely coming from the wet wrapper, not the smoke, and it was so bad I dropped the stick and had to wash my mouth and lips.

Have any of you experienced this, or know what it is?

In political discourse there are three kinds of truth - my truth, your truth, and the real truth!

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." . . . Charles Darwin
vcut is offline   Reply With Quote