Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2005, 09:29 AM   #1
cmygtgo
Starting Member

newbie in need of advice

Hello. I recently got into smoking cigars so I went and bought a humidor. The hygrometer is adjustable so I figured I would dial it in first. I also have a digital hygrometer so I decided to do the salt calibration test with digital first. I put 1 tablespoon of salt, moistened with distilled water and digi hygro in a tupperware container and let it sit for 8hrs. The reading was 83% so it was 8% off. Next I put the digi and analog hygro in tupperware for 8hrs and again the digi displayed 83% and the analog displayed roughly82%. I took the analog out to adjust and the needle bounced all over so I repeated the process only to have the same thing happen. So I figured I would place the analog in the humidor properly and set in the digi and the salt and try it this way. Now after 8 hrs the digi displayes 75% while the analog is at 80%(which I tried adjusting but had the bouncing problem). My question is was the digital right in the tupperware or is it right in the humidor. My guess is the tupperware was correct but I want to be sure. By the way, the humidor is made by EWESTERN INC and it is a really nice humidor with an excellent seal. Thanks for reading and any input
Josh
cmygtgo is offline   Reply With Quote