Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

The Andretti Commendatore

Prelight - The first thing I noticed about this cigar is the foot has a piece of wrapper wrapped around it. I guess that's to enhance the first draw of the cigar. This cigar has a sweetened cap which surprised me. The wrapper is a light brown toothy Conneticut with some small viens running through it.

Ash & Burn - The ash if a light gray with some black mixed in. The ash is firm and solid, with no flaking. The burn started out a little uneven but corrected itself within the first half inch. Now at the one inch mark the burn is running on one side. I also noticed when I knocked the ash off the remaining ash formed a nice point, which I have been told this results from a superior roll. By the half way mark the running I mentioned has corrected itself. The burn is still not razor sharp, but isn't a problem either.

Enjoyment - This is a mild to medium cigar in strength. I've noticed a sweetness throught the cigar as if the whole wrapper is sweetened. I have noticed an earthy, leathery taste profile. This profile stayed consistent throughout the cigar. The wrapper developed a few crack as I smoke through the cigar. The cracks have not affected the draw which has been easy throughout the whole cigar. As I get to the end of the cigarI would say I have found it to be an enjoyable cigar.

Conclusion - This is a mild to medium cigar with a sweeten, leather and earthy flavor profile. The burn is uneven but does not affect the cigar in any way. The few splits that showed up while smoking this cigar concern me a little. They didn't affect the draw in any way and the cracks didn't expand. I wouldn't mind having a few of these in my humidor for when I need a milder cigar. Next I'll smoke the maduro toro of the Anddretti colection , I'm looking forward to it.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote