Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
CHESS NUT
Club Member

Warren Zevon

After reading about Joe Strummer's passing it got me thinking about Warren Zevon. I guess it was about a month or so ago I happened to turn on Letterman and was crushed when I realized that Zevon was talking about his having been diagnosed withe terminal lung cancer. After I got over the initial shock, I was really amazed at how at peace Zevon seemed to be with all of it. Two simple things that Zevon said really hit home: Letterman asked him (I'm paraphrasing here) something like what was his philosophy on life now. Zevon responded "Enjoy every sandwhich" I laughed at first as I've always appreciated Zevon's caustic wit and sarcasm. Then I realized the guy wasn't kidding. Enjoy even the simplest things in life. Letterman also asked him something to the affect of things he wanted to do before he passed. Zevon said "I'd like to stick around till the James Bond flick comes out. Again it hit me "ENJOY EVERY SANDWHICH!"
I havent been able to find out any more info on Warren's condition, If any does know can you post it. My thoughts and prayers are with Zevon and his family!