Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #1
apachebell

Also new to scotch...

I, too, tried my first scotch the other night. I went to the liquor store and bought several of the small 50ml bottles to try some different flavors. I do not have the cash to throw away money on an entire bottle of something I may not like, so I thought I would go with the little ones. I tried the Glenlivet 12 year plain old Oak Cask first and I find it interesting that I also thought it was floral. I wasn't sure I would taste all these different things everyone says I should. It was floral (though I've never eaten a flower) in my mouth and then had a little bite on the way down. It was very smooth in comparison to what I expected...and it went well with a Siglo VI. Tonight I will try the Laphroaig......

On an interesting note, upon finding out that I am learning about scotches, my father told me some cool news. Apparently my late grandmother has some very old bottles of scotch, opened and unopened. She was hit by a drunk driver around 40 years ago, ended up with a broken back and gave up drinking. She passed away this September and we were pretty close. He says he will bring them to me at Thanksgiving. How can you beat that?