Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
ColbyPants

Torano Signature Toro

Carlos Torano Signature Toro
6 X 50
Brazilian Sungrown Maduro Wrapper

First I must mention that those NE Ohio herf guys must REALLY like me, because this was included in their bomb as well. This cigar was quite enjoyable. It had a beatiful deep chocolate brown wrapper which stood as a stark contrast to the creamy white bands proclaiming what it was. It was a little bumpy and veiny, but I thought that it just added nicely to the character of the cigar. Clipped easily lit fine, and burn even and slow all the way down drawing just right (I was a little concerned because it seemed packed a little tight. I didnt have to be), leaving a light and dark mottled ash that held nicely for 2 inches at a time. I would consider this a medium strength but rather full bodied smoke. The best single word to describe it was RICH. This cigar started out sweet and tangy, like a good duck sauce . After the first inch it got really creamy, with flavors of milk chocolate and caramel abounding, with a little coffee undertone. Building toward the second half of the cigar was more of a bakers chocolate and coffe profile, balanced a little by an interesting citris note (lime?), and the last third was all coffee and black pepper, with a suprising reprisal of the tangy note from the beginning. Sufficiently complex and rewarding, I would definately smoke this one again. If part of the greatness of this cigar is the fact the wrapper is sun-grown (which is talked about a lot recently) I may have to try more of those kinds of cigars. Yummy.

BTW this cigar screams to be accompanied by Woodford Reserve or Blantons Single Barrel bourbon. Try it, it wont let you down.

TomC

"What do you expect me to die of, Old Age?!"
ColbyPants is offline   Reply With Quote