Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2005, 03:49 PM   #1
N99
Herf Meister

Rancho Dominicano, surprised

I bought some of these from the dreaded Thompson Cigar on the recommendation from the nice lady on the phone. I did not expect too much, but I let them rest for a two weeks in the cooler before moving a bundle to Humi #9 (my purple helix box) and let them sit a week in there.

Much to my surprise they are pretty decent smokes. Good dominican flavor, reminiscent of the Avo Domaine's I have smoked (2) but with less flavor and not as good of a burn (the Avo's burned very smartly). However, for a bundled smoke they are good, with acceptable burn and good draw.

They are labeled maduro, but have a nice brown wrapper, a tad darker than my Connie #70 nats, nowhere near maduro though. I have not had a plugged one yet or one that burned so sideways I had to pitch it. I normally don't keep a lot of dominicans, as they are usually pretty mild or tasteless to me, but these have good flavor and decent construction. Oh, and did I mention they are a buck apeice?

Has anyone else tried these? I like 'em.
N99 is offline   Reply With Quote