Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
bigw
Club Member

IPCPR Arandoza Blue

I checked the internet to read more about this 7 1/2 inch stick and their website has little to no info on sizes or blends. I assume this is the Blue Label because the foot end label said blue but looks different than any pictures I have seen.

The stick is medium brown minimal veins and no soft spots.
The cold draw yields a taste of tobacco and leather and seems to be not too tight or loose

First third.. I get a pepper zing on the back end with hints of leather and nuts. The burn is straight as an arrow and the ash is white and tight. I am getting ample and thick smoke. The head has split a bit and doesn't affect the smoke experience.

Halfway..Still getting that pepper bite, with hints of leather and nuts. I rate this so far at med to full but not too powerful. The burn is a little crooked now but the ash is still tight and holding on. The split in the head has not worsened.
The smoke volume has increased and I tapped the ash after the halfway point as a precaution.

Final third..Pepper has subsided, getting some wood still and earthiness with the smoke lingering in my mouth. The burn is ok and needed a touchup but nothing major. The flavors are enjoyable and not overly complex...
Prelight 9, Light 9, Construction 8, Flavor 9, Power 7. A solid 8.4 and well enjoyed