Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
DCarp
Contributing Editor
Club Member

Post Talking Points for the Anti-Smoking Crowd - your help needed

BOTL's and SOTL's, I've been a member of this site now for a long time and I've seen that a number of you are highly knowledgeable when it comes to countering the anti-smoking lobby. I've seen a ton of statistics and reports quoted in comments on this site and in articles on external sites. Some of you can really hold your own. Unfortunately, I can't, And I assume that some of our other members here can't either.

What I'd like to do is use this thread to post good talking points (short, digestable pieces of information) that we members can grab if we see an anti-smoking lobby article out there in the wild.

An example would be this one Big John used on the Texas Statesman Website :
Quote:
read the British Medical Journal study... Conclusions: The results do not support a causal relation between environmental tobacco smoke and tobacco related mortality, although they do not rule out a small effect. The association between exposure to environmental tobacco smoke and coronary heart disease and lung cancer may be considerably weaker than generally believed. http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/326/7398/1057
Believe it or not, WE are the smoking lobby. The only way we can fight back bans and other garbage is to counter their arguments and get information out there ourselves.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by TommyBB; 06-22-2010 at 10:38 AM.
DCarp is offline   Reply With Quote