Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Villazon at CI

Just got the Cigars International catalog in the mail, and thumbing through it I run across on page 64 a new item, really two items...Villazon bundles. These are branded as Villazon Natural and Villazon Maduro.

Both lines come in the same four sizes, all with a ring gauge of 54:
Robusto 5", Toro 6", Presidente 7.2" and Belicoso 6.1" which will be the "out" or smokable shape for those who don't like girthy cigars at 54 r.g. Make a small cut on the belicoso and you have a more reasonable ring gauge.

The natural has a Sumatra wrapper and is marketed as mellow and mild, while the maduro is shown as strong.

Quote:
Enter the new king of bundled cigars

The Villazon factory has long been associated with formidable and dominant brands, from the original non-Cuban Punch, to Hoyo de Monterrey, to the uber-popular Excalibur. In short, you might not know the name, but you’ve absolutely had the cigars. Now, the Villazon factory has produced a bundle bearing its own name, and the cigars are just as amazing as the brands listed previously… but without the high price tag.

Villazon Natural features a choice Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper aged for years to reach the ideal conditions. Underneath, a Broadleaf Maduro binder encompasses Honduran, Dominican, and Colombian filler tobaccos to create a complex medium-bodied blend. Each puff gives way to a balanced and smooth profile with natural tobacco sweetness, cream, and slight hints of black pepper.
Fabrica Villazon
Prices range from $39.99 to $49.99 for bundles of 20.

Has anyone tried these yet? Are these Consuegra re-branded or something a little different. I am intrigued.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-29-2018 at 05:30 AM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:18 PM   #2
SmoKerch
Herf God

Sounds interesting.

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Seems like everything I'm smoking lately, even the bundle cigars, is pretty good. At those prices you can't go wrong. Mediocre smoking is likely the worst result.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Nice! Thx for sharing!

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:10 PM   #5
KatDad
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoKerch View Post
Sounds interesting.
I'll say!

The major difference from the traditional Villazon three country blend is Columbian vs Nicaraguan leaves in the blend. At those prices they're worth a try by an old Villazon junkie like me.

Thanks for the heads up, Tom.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:31 AM   #6
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Thanks, John, I read the blend, but didn't put a lot of thought into it. So they're not Connies, but may turn out to be just as good.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Old 08-29-2018, 06:26 AM   #7
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Something about this smells to high heaven. Cofradia doesn't exist. The last information was that it was a warehouse and aging facility. General cigar Danli is making all of the former cofradia products. Villazon and hatsa both were purchased by general, they aren't using either of the names that I can remember. And for that matter they never used columbian, and they always used nicaraguan.

Anyone that is general cigar can use the name, they can use it for anything, it doesn't mean anything. Take it all with a grain of salt.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #8
SmoKerch
Herf God

The cpc makes it worth a try, especially the robusto.

The Great State of Confusion

Just because I may be paranoid, it doesn't mean there aren't people out there trying to get me.

Visit us on The Facebook: Kercheval Bros. Procrastination Consultants !

Galatians 5:24 - NLT
SmoKerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
KatDad
Herf God

Sorry to be so late, but they're the One Day Deal at CI until midnight tonight. The deal includes a free torch lighter. Ordered two bundles of belicosos, one natural and one maduro. Can't wait to try them.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:09 AM   #10
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

I may be pulling the trigger on an order from CI for our "Wedding Herf" next weekend as my older son, BBender here, marries. mrdiver is coming in, so I may actually get to buy cigars, and I may just throw in a bundle of these.