Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2022, 05:25 AM   #8
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

I honestly can't say that I have noticed nc prices having increased, but i dont have access to buy from my local B&M, so i buy online exclusively.

Only thing I have noticed is a handful more vendors now charge tax when no one used to (I'm aware a law was created requiring collection of sales tax on online orders not too long ago, but don't recall if its federal or state by state), Still, the majority dont, but those that do, its not terrible percentage-wise, but it does add up.

Wyoming sales ales tax is 4%.

Pennsylvania, which seems to have an unusually high number of cigar vendors, are also the only places that I have ever paid tax for, and not all Pennsylvania vendors collect it. Cigars International is the biggest example of one who does, and Pennsylvania sales tax is 6%, but it appears that its the sales tax of the buyers state that is collected, so I'm charged our 4%.

I friggin love cigars

Last edited by smbauerllc; 09-26-2022 at 05:49 AM.
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote