Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2003, 09:15 AM   #1
Taylor
Starting Member

Wow! Nice place! (Newbie Introduction)

Greetings from the great American southwest! I'm happy to have located such a wonderful place for cigars lovers on the web. I'm new to the hobby (addiction? way of life? money sink?) and have only considered becoming a serious smoker in the last couple of weeks.

I've smoked cigars occasionally for the last 8 to 10 years, but never on a consistent basis. I did grow up around them as my father, a former Navy officer, smokes them on a daily basis. I still associate the smell of a cigar with my dad's car. I haven't had enough experience to learn my own preferences to ring size, wrapper type, or any of those things. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out what those things mean!

My wife of a little under a year and I live in Tucson, Arizona. She is an elementary school teacher and I am a poor, starving college student. Okay, so I'm not really starving, nor as poor as the first time I was in college but I'm still looking for the better things in life. That's why I'm back in school! I'm studying Computer Science and after I'm done raising my GPA at the local community college this spring I will be attending the University of Arizona. (Bear Down!)

I'm looking forward to having many fruitful discussions and learning many things on this excellent BB! Expect some newbie reviews (probably of an anecdotal nature) as I learn the fine art of storing, aging, cutting, lighting, and smoking cigars!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
"It is a haunted game in which every player is measured against the ghosts of all who have gone before. Most of all, it is about time and timelessness, speed and grace, failure and loss, imperishable hope - and coming home." Ken Burns, Baseball
Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote