Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

IPCPR Cigar Marrero Tesoro Mio

It's a bit hot outside, but here I am, out here with a review cigar from the IPCPR Show.

My last stop of both days at the show happened as many IPCPR show meetings do. I was sitting with Robert Arango of Arandoza Cigars, and there will be an article about that meeting. There will also be reviews of his cigars. But anyway, a guy walks up and sticks out his hand "Tommy, how are you?" Now the guy looks just slightly familiar, he's got a cleanly-shaved dome, and one of the most glorious, curlicue handlebar mustaches you have EVER seen, in your life.

I'm thinking, well, with this, I should know him right off. Then he gives me his name, he's a local guy I last saw at the CW Herf, French Quarter Pizzeria in 2010. Only then, he seemed shorter, and had a full salt-and-pepper beard.

He invites me to another booth, "I'm working the show for Marrero Cigars, please come check us out." So I went and met the founder and owner, Joel Vazquez Marrero, and he has plenty time to talk.

I'm going to write up this encounter, so not too much here. Today, I'm smoking his bundle brand, Tesoro Mio (My Treasure). Now, don't be thrown by its girth, I know many seasoned cigar smokers are well, and truly turned off by large ring gauge cigars. But this one may be something to consider. It has lit, and it lit quickly, with a match, in the wind, impressive.

It's cloaked in a smooth Ecuadoran Connecticut wrapper (a constant theme) with an Indonesia binder and proprietary Costa Rican filler blend. Marrero is based in Costa Rica .

So far, this thing is burning a bit quickly, and like so many I've smoked this year, it's producing a lot of smoke. It's not a "new Connecticut" with a strong blend, this one is intentionally mild-medium and it delivers just that. But it's flavorful, almost a dessert cigar, as I am actually picking up on flavors, cocoa and vanilla, go figure.

Down to the band, now, still performing well, this cigar hasn't gone out! There's now some coffee flavors to go with this dessert. Nicely done Marrero Cigars

This is a solid ½

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 08-02-2015 at 03:25 PM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote