Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Brian Magnus
Starting Member

Why Aren't Smoker Accomendated

I always said that the solution to providing employees of bars and resturants with safer working enivorments was to pass legislation saying that if an establishment wanted to carter to a smoking clientale, was to have this establishment install a venhiliation system on the property and have signage saying that they were a smoke friendly place.

What was wrong with that solution? Afterall, tobacco is a legal product and why shouldn't people be allowed to enjoy a legal product in a business that wishes to give consumers a place to enjoy that product?

When I heard that then Gov. Rowland of Connecticut signed into law CT's smoking ban, even though he was a cigar smoker himself, that's when I realized that politicans were twats that had no souls.

We all know that smoking has potentially fatal health risks, but I think that as adults we should be allowed to assume those risks, especially with a legal product. Like I said in my previous post, the same people that champion 12 yr olds getting an abortions without parental notification are the same people who support smoking bans and a ban on public smoking.
I'm stupified considering all the people with power and influence that smoke cigars, pipes, and cigarettes at a minimum that accomendations weren't made.

The irony is that one day 10, 15, 20 years from now, some politican is going to figure out that revenue can be generated without raising taxes by issuing "smoking licenses." These licenses would allow business' to provide a smoke friendly enviroment to their patrons. When that happens, then these smoking bans will go faster than crack on the first of the month.
Brian Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote