Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2002, 04:32 PM   #32
sambo
Herf Meister

Well since you are all bragging

Quote:
I am appalled by what I have read regarding Mr. Meehan’s bill titled “Tobacco Free Internet for Kids Act”.

This bill will result in greater bureaucracy surrounding a subject that already has a bevy of laws relating to it. There is no reason to further risk the privacy of honest hard working individuals who use the internet to procure their tobacco products out of the inherent convenience.

To force reputable business owners to demand further clarification of age determined by transmitting dangerous personal information over the Internet, such as: SSN, Drivers License number, date of birth is to jeopardize the livelihood of both business man and customer.

I implore you to vote against this bill and search out means to ensure that minors are not allowed to purchase tobacco products through other means. Simple by mandating that all tobacco products must be sent to the billing address on the Credit Card or Debit Card that is used would reduce the amount of minors who purchase online dramatically.

I do not wish you to perceive me as a pro tobacco zealot. Indeed I do smoke premium cigars and enjoy the pleasure of pure tobacco products. I also believe that the chemical laden tobacco in cigarettes has been properly vilified and would like nothing less than the total abandonment of cigarettes from use.

That said, I feel that this Bill put forth by Mr. Meehan is an abomination and will only lead us further away from the truth that we are seeking in regulating tobacco.

Thank you for you time in reviewing my statements and I hope that I have in some small way helped you to understand the dangers that this Bill represents.
and now for something completely different

Stop ruining my ideology with you logic!
sambo is offline   Reply With Quote